Skip to main content

A Crude Awakening Documentary



A Crude Awakening Documentary (2006) 


How did this documentary make me feel? 

This documentary made me feel very uncertain about our future. Although we have made small advances since this documentary was made, we have a population which is still rapidly growing which means we still need nearly 20 million barrels of oil a day. This is obviously not sustainable and  oil will inevitably run out. It makes me wonder if we will still have the same materials such as pens, certain carpets, vinyl and everyday objects in the future or will we have to adapt to a drastic change? 


Did I know about this issue before? 

I learnt about the extraction of oil in my science and geography lessons in high school, however, I was a lot younger then, and people in government promised drastic change in the near future so I did not see oil use as a major problem. The deadlines for these changes have been and gone and I have started to pay more attention to oil use and climate change in recent years as you hear about climate change a lot of the time on the news. 


If Oil is running out then what issues are coming our way? 

Ultimately the poor in society will suffer, potentially even in more economically developed countries as well. I think there will be civil wars in poorer countries when the cost of oil rises dramatically and is only available to the top 1 percent of people. 
I think a lot of companies who rely on oil will suffer and as a result it will affect us all. I also think the cost if living will rise dramatically as a result. 


Comments