Skip to main content

Previous Student Work Analysis

Previous Student Work Analysis


I think this poster is really effective and it compliments the brief well. The subject is about fossil fuel and this is a campaign poster to highlight the dangers of climate change. 

The colour schemes used in this poster are shades of brown green and blue these have been used in such a way where they represent the colours of the earth, landscape and atmosphere. I admire how the first colour to grab your attention is the brown section which is the main point of the poster. 

I think the main art style which has been used here is vector images in combination with flat colour, although different shades of colour have been used. I would have liked to see how this poster would look on a adshel or billboard. 

I feel like the font used is possibly a form of arial font or similar to this. The typography used is very clear which helps put the message across. I feel like if handwritten text was used or a serif font, this would compromise the design of the poster. 

I think the main form of corporate id that has been used here is the colour scheme which represents the friends of the earth, as well as the logo. I think the colours used represent the organisation very well and it has a visual connection which is important when it comes to an organisations campaign. 

I believe with the majority of campaign posters simplicity is key. These forms of posters will be displayed in areas where there is a large number of people. I think there is a lot of competition from the advertising industry to create something which is very simple so people will view the work over other ads. 

The design I have chosen here does not use any forms of mockups which is something I would like to see as it would help me visualise the poster in other forms. I think mockups would have improved the overall look of student work. 

I think my one main points of criticism is that I think there is too much 'negative' space between the green and brown colours and between the lines of text. I think it would be quite hard to improve the design further because of the layout of the background beneath the text. 


I think this outcome of the brief is effective and has been fulfilled  successfully. They have included all of the content which was required. 

The main colours used are blues and yellows along with greens. I think the student has kept to their colour scheme throughout the brief which compliments the final outcomes. 

I think there are two main art styles which have been used here. the overall look and feel is that these designs have is a very vector and flat feel which is what the campaign would need to communication information effectively. I also think there is a diagramtic feel to these posters because of the map which has been created.  

I think the style used here is heavily graphic design based by the use of the vector graphics used. There is no illustrative feel to these posters. I think this is a reasonable outcome of the brief and the only other outcome which could have been use is an illustrative approach. 

I feel like corporate id has been used all over the posters which have been created. This brief was in collaboration with the university of Worcester and Gtech so I admire how the colours have been merged together. 

I somewhat feel that the poster with the vector image of the bike does need a bit more context, possibly some more text to support it. I think the majority of the solutions which have been created here are vey simple but simple enough to be effective. I think if the designs were more simple than they already are, they could look quiet child like and the designs be effected.

The majority of these designs have been complimented with the use of mockups. I think this has helped communicate the designs in such as way which is easy to understand and see how they would look in the real world. 

I think the student has created their visual mood board effectively to the point where I think it does display the work to the designs best ability. However I would like to see more detail with the artifact concept as it is not clear enough for me to understand. Maybe there could be more colour on this artefact. 



I think the student has met the brief well because at first glance you can see they have considered the materials they have used and the sustainability of these. 

The colour scheme which has been used here is ver similar to lee and Perrins. I think this is quite important with a brief like this because you do not want to stray too far from the brands identity. 

I think the main art style used here is mockups. The student is telling us how the design will look when it is on the shop shelf.

The type style used for these mockups is the font which is used by lea & Perrins, I think this is probably most appropriate for this design as it resembles the brand. 

I think the main form of corporate id which has been used here is the logo and the font style of lea and Perrins. They have stuck very closely to the colour scheme too. This is appropriate because I think this is an iconic brand. 

Because the design I have chosen to evaluate is product packaging design I feel like the right amount of symbolism, imagery and text has been used, it is neither too complex or too simple, but enough to convey what the product is. 

The main mockup which has been used here is a bottle. The design has been centred around this item. I feel like this is the ultimate way to display how a design would look because it is showing the final outcome of the design physically. 

I think the student could have used more angles of the final design to present it clearly to the audience. I would like to see how it would look like from the side and back. I think they could have used simple bullet points in photoshop to describe the materials they have used and what other important additions they have included in the design. 

Comments