Skip to main content

User Testing

Survey Results 

At this point in time I have rough designs on the computer which are nearly final. I feel like it is important to get feedback on Survey Monkey so I can see if my designs are effective or need improvement. My original aim was to gather at least 7 responses but I have managed to get 18 responses. I shared the link to my survey on two Facebook community groups which were Malvern Noticeboard -  https://www.facebook.com/groups/780919915287102/ and Worcester noticeboard - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1819361128307317/. I wanted to get a response from local people in the surrounding area because the posters relate to Worcester. I was not expecting to get many responses in a short amount of time. There are people of all ages and ethnicities in these groups. 

I asked people 5 important questions about my designs and one question where I asked what the age was of the person taking the survey. I did not want to ask too many questions as I want people to answer the most important questions and not skip through it. 

These are my responses - 

Q1.















I wanted to see if people felt inspired by my posters. Here I gave people the option to select 'other' and these are the responses I gained, although there are only 3 'other' responses, I originally was not expecting to get none. Nearly 20% of other responses show that people are already trying to act on their own actions or do not drive, or they felt most inspired by the transport poster. 10% of people are already acting on their actions and over 70% said they felt inspired by my poster designs. There was no negative feedback on this question so I feel confident my designs are inspiring people to act. 

Q2.





For this question I managed to gather 18 comments about my designs. I seemed to have gained a lot of feedback about the overall colours, designs and layout. Overall I have received a lot of positive feedback from this question which makes me feel more confident. 

Q3.


I decided to ask this question because I wanted to see if anyone disliked anything about my designs so I can act on improving them. However, 7 people skipped this question and 11 people answered stating there is nothing they dislike. One person said they do not drive so obviously my transport poster cannot appeal to everyone as you have to be driving to act on the issue of idling. I would like for my poster to inspire younger people who do not dive to perhaps encourage their parents to act on the issue of idling but this poster is generally only aimed at people who drive as they are most likely to act on it. 

Q4.




This is probably the most important question I asked in the survey where 12 people answered and 6 people skipped. A lot of people said they cannot suggest any improvements for my designs. The one bit of feedback which stands out most is someone suggested that my 'Bee Aware' poster has more contrast. As this poster is only a rough and not finalised I was going to make the colours a bit more stronger, especially the blue background and the hive shapes. 

Another person said the logo on the bottom of the page is hard to see which I think they were referring to the CAT logo. I did previously have a white boarder at the bottom of both posters to put the logos on to make them stand out but I felt like this compromised both designs so I got rid of it. I do not think I will act on this feedback as both designs should look different when they have been printed out. 

Another bit of feedback I gained was to make the transport poster more inclusive for people who do not drive. However, my issue was about idling a vehicle so it will appeal more to people who do drive or have a passion about the environment who could then encourage others to act on the issue. I cannot change my issue so this comment is not that relevant. 

Overall I am happy I received some feedback for this question and I will act on a couple of the comments. 

Q5.

The biggest age group to take my survey were of people between the ages of 18 and 24, but I did get a lot of responses from from other age groups. I was not expecting anyone over the age of 65 to take the survey as usually the older generation do not use social media. 
I am really happy I managed to get this outcome from the age ranges as it shows that my posters do appeal to different generations of people. 

One improvement about creating a survey I would make would be to go out and ask people individually about their opinions on my designs, perhaps stating I am gathering responses on behalf of someone so they do not feel bad about criticism. I would also note their responses or even possibly video their responses to seeing my designs and responding to questions as this would allow me to gather more feedback. 

Overall, I feel positive that my designs meet their purpose and I will now start to finalise them on Illustrator.  

Comments